Who is Kyung Jin Yoo??

My photo
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a student majoring in Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Concentration studying at Calvin College.

Porsche Market

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Tour of Stuttgart

So long story short, I met a nice friend from church and he turned out to be a famous local photographer.

Inside Buchhaus Wittwer in Stuttgart

As you can see...

So we met up near the Buchhaus Wittwer in the evening. Even though I have lived in Stuttgart for about 2 months, I have not toured the city. With the help of a stuttgart native, I was able to experience the immensley beautiful architectures of Stuttgart. I also found some really nice cafes like this one. 
Un cafĂ©, s’il vous plait!

I learned that the word Stuttgart comes from Stutte-Garten. Because as you can see above, this used to be a stable for female horses. And Stutte is a female horse in German. And Garten as you can guess means Garden. So Stuttgart is a 'female horse garden.' How strange! But it makes sense now!

The Beautiful Schlossplatz






No comments:

Post a Comment