Who is Kyung Jin Yoo??

My photo
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a student majoring in Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Concentration studying at Calvin College.

Porsche Market

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Classical Music is All You Need...

After I got back from work, I was quite exhausted. It was a long 12 hour day. I really felt like playing some music. So I went down to the piano room and I started to play. The choir room has a beautiful Bösendorfer baby grand piano. It was a fairly big room and the acoustics were nice. I played Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms Sonatas and Yiruma, Schubert, Chopin, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, etc. About 10 minutes passed,  people heard the music outside of the room; they came in and stood and watched me play. I thought, if i wanted to attract more people to listen to me, I should play something famous and German. So I started playing the Mondschein Sonata (Moonlight Sonata), Pathetique Sonata. Sure enough more people came in!    After I had finished playing both Sonatas, there were at least 20 people. It was overwhelmed and in a exuberance. There were brave listeners sitting in the front, so I asked one of them of their favorite piano piece. One old lady answered the 1st Posthumous Nocturne by Chopin. Luckily, I knew that and I played it. After I had finished, she suggested the Prelude No. 15 "The Rain Drop" by Chopin. Then Clair de Lune, Mozart's Famous Variation. After everyone had enough, of course including me, as I was trying to leave, one of the old ladies came up and introduced herself and we talked for 5 minutes and all of a sudden she bluntly invited me for dinner. Of course as a poor student, I was not able to say no to a free meal.

Music is all you need for a free meal..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment