Who is Kyung Jin Yoo??

My photo
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a student majoring in Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Concentration studying at Calvin College.

Porsche Market

Monday, July 11, 2011

Pay Check

So I received my first pay check at Porsche. It was nice. However, after reviewing through all the deduction in my payment due to all different kinds of taxes, I was quite disappointed. Roughly 28% of my earnings went to insurance. I am glad I didn't have to pay tax. Because If I did it would be almost 50%. If I compare this with the US, I should be in the 2nd bracket, but I am in the 4th bracket. 4th bracket makes about $83,600 - $174,400 a year. And in all honesty, I do not make this much. So what this tax consist of? Medical insurance, education funds, retirement funds. I remember my German friend’s dad cursing the German government due to high taxation.
This is why Germany has a huge middle class. It is heaven for workers. Because of these high taxes, there are many benefits for the public. Free schooling, basically free university education, medical insurance, money for children (Kindergeld), people can live well without ever having to work. So even though I pay large amounts for tax, I believe in the end it will be worth it...


No comments:

Post a Comment