Who is Kyung Jin Yoo??

My photo
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a student majoring in Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Concentration studying at Calvin College.

Porsche Market

Monday, July 11, 2011

Soccer Tournament


I was back in Marburg and I was enjoying another public holiday vacation. On Friday, I went down to Gießen to play in soccer tournament. I have always wanted to play soccer with Germans. Before I arrived in Gießen, I expected the tournament to be a decently small, unofficial local tournament. I was wrong. There were 20 teams from all over Hessen. They all had their jerseys and staff. The game was on.
As in any sporting events in Germany, beer, bratwurst and bread was present. It was quite funny, because about 10 teams used beer to hydrate themselves and bratwurst as energybars during the game. It wasn’t surprising the players were falling over and exhausted first 10 minutes of the game.  The other 10 teams however were very good, but we were better. In the end, our team got 3rd place and as one expects our prize was 2 cases of good German beer. It was a good night.

 

I war wieder in Marburg. I hatte noch mal ein Feiertag. Ich war wieder mit meiner coolster deutscher Familie, Die Weimers. Am Freitag bin ich nach Gießen gefahren, um dort in einem Fußballturnier zu spielen. Ich wünschte immer Fußball mit der Deutschen spielen, Ich war ziemlich spannend darauf. vor meiner Ankunft in Gießen habe ich gedacht, dass dieser turnier ein klein, informell turnier wäre. Aber ich habe mich geirrt. Es gab 20 Teams mit Trikos und Trainer.
Wie immer gab es die drei B’s. Bier, Bratwurst, und Brot. Wegen dieser drei B’s war fast 10 teams während des Spiels getrunken und erschöpft. Aber meines Team hat sehr gut gemacht. Wir hatten dritte Platz. Wir wurden ironish mit zwei kasten Bier als Preis belohnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment